Five top tips for coping with stress
Stress can be a modern day killer. It makes nearly every medical condition worse, and can even bring on many illnesses. That is why it is so important to learn how to minimise it in our day to day lives. Here are some tips which will help you to keep it in check, especially if you have a stressful Christmas to cope with.
By Carolyn Potter
- 1. Get some exercise. This is well known as a stress reducer and can fill you up with endorphins and make you feel great.
- 2. Be kind to yourself. Who needs to be Superman or Superwoman when Joe Bloggs will do? You donít have to set yourself ridiculous goals, and then stress out if you donít achieve them.
- 3. Stop worrying. It is a waste of energy. Do whatever you can to make the situation better and then let go of the worry.
- 4. Remember you are not responsible for what you canít control.
- 5 Learn how to relax. Children daydream to give themselves a break from pressure. As adults we also need a let out, so try to set some relaxation time aside every day. Ten or fifteen minutes is all you need. There are plenty of relaxation CDís available so pop one on the CD player and off you go. (not while you are driving though!),